General of Hanoi city urban railway network
In accordance with Capital Construction Master Plan to 2030 and vision to 2050 approved in Decision No. 1259/QD-TTg dated 26 Jul. 2011, urban railway network consists of 8 lines with total length of approximately 318 km, as follows:
- Line 1: Ngoc Hoi – Yen Vien – Nhu Quynh, approximate length of 38.7 Km;
- Line 2: Noi Bai – City Center – Thuong Dinh, approximate length of 35.2 Km, a backbone of the existing and future urban area, in connection with Line 2A;
- Line 3: Nhon – Hanoi Station – Hoang Mai, approximate length of 21 Km. After 2020, this line will be expanded to Son Tay with total estimated length of 48 km;
- Line 4: Dong Anh – Sai Dong – Vinh Tuy/Hoang Mai – Thanh Xuan – Tu Liem – Thuong Cat – Me Linh. This line is approximately 53.1 km, rounded form, to connect to Line 1, Line 2, Line 3 and Line 5.
- Line 5: Nam Ho Tay – Ngoc Khanh – Lang – Hoa Lac, length of 34.5 Km.
- Line 6: Noi Bai – Western wew urban area of Ngoc Hoi, to connect Line 4 in Co Nhue and Line 7 in Duong Noi, length of 43 Km.
- Line 7: Me Linh – Western new urban area of Nhoi – Van Canh – Duong Noi, to connect Line 4 in Dai Mach and Tay Tuu and Line 6 in Duong Noi section. Approximately length of 35 Km.
- Line 8: Co Nhue – Ring Road 3 – Linh Nam – Bat Trang – Duong Xa. Approximate length of 28 Km.
Source: Capital Construction Master Plan to 2030 and Vision to 2050 in accordance with Decision No. 1259/QĐ-TTg
|It is estimated that when Hanoi urban railway network is completed, the proportion of people using public transport modes will increase by 35-45%, reducing the private mode users by 30%, making contribution to the economic development of the region and improvement of urban environment thanks to reductions of traffic congestion and pollution.
|Currently, the Government has assigned the Ministry of Transport (MOT) and Hanoi City Poeple’s Committee (HPC) to carry out investment in 04 sections as follows: